HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY CLASS DESCRIPTION
Our High School Equivalency program prepares students to demonstrate mastery through successful performance of all High School Equivalency examinations: writing, social studies, science, literature and mathematics. At Delano Adult School, students have the opportunity to enroll in our daytime High School Equivalency Program with classes Monday-Friday, or our Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, evening High School Equivalency class. Our daytime and evening students will study through computer based instruction and instructor led classes. All schoolwork and homework is done on an individualized basis. This allows students to work at their own pace and at their own level. The material found on the High School Equivalency tests is based on the subjects covered in most high schools around the country. The focus of the High School Equivalency test is not based on content, but on skills. Students will not have to memorize specific date, names and places, but rather read and understand passages on history, science or literature.
Students will have daily High School Equivalency practice tests on all areas of Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, Reasoning through Language Arts to assess student progress using Pre-GED books, Exercise GED books and official GED practice test booklets. Students will also have daily computer practice on lessons and GED testing to supplement student advancement and performance.
- The High School Equivalency class is open to adults who are 18 years old or older.
- The High School Equivalency class instruction, practice and tests are being offered in either English or Spanish.
- For Registration please visit/ Para matriculacion por favor visite: www.GED.com
- GED books may be purchased in the Delano Adult School Office.
- GED books are provided for practice and study during school hours.
- There are no course prerequisites.
- Students must maintain at least 80% attendance. Good attendance, good citizenship, class interest and motivation are requirements.
- The GED Class meets everyday, Monday - Friday and it's in session 2 hours per day.
- 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (English Session)
- 12:45 AM to 2:45 PM (English Session)
Programs & Services please visit GED Testing Service.
To request a transcript for students tested before 2014, please visit: GED Request a transcript
What is the GED Test?
The 2014 GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The four subjects are Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning Through Language Arts. After you pass the GED® test, your diploma or credential will be issued by your state but you’ll receive a GED® transcript to apply to college, start training, or get a better job.
The test is part of the 2014 GED® program, the only high school equivalency program built to help adults qualify for college, training, or a good job with good wages.
Official GED Test
Every Tuesday evening & Thursday morning in Delano Adult School Testing Center. Check in is 30 min. before schedule test.
Examinees are REQUIRED to bring an official primary Picture I.D. with signature on it for testing. These items are to be presented EACH time you take a test. (No Exceptions)