The following designations will be used to identify our top performing students at all graduation ceremonies:
- Valedictorian – Student with the highest GPA White gown/gold sash/black stitching “Valedictorian”
- Summa Cum Laude – 3.9 and above GPA – these students are placed at the beginning of the line regardless of count School gown/white sash
- Magna Cum Laude – 3.8-3.89 GPA School gown/school-colored cord with gold (not old gold)
- Cum Laude – 3.5-3.79 School gown/School-colored cord only
1. Only AP courses and Pre-AP (honors) Chemistry qualify for 5pt scale
2. College courses count for 5pt scale if equivalent is offered at student’s high school at a 5pt scale. A committee may be formed to determine exact classes and proper CIDs.
3. Only classes offered before school or after school may be counted as CR/NC. The only exceptions are Credit Recovery Health/Lifetime Fitness.
4. PE is not counted.
5. Three-year graduates are eligible.
Recognitions – Students will be recognized for their achievement in the following ways:
- Gold Seals on Diplomas
- Eight Semester Honor Roll – Old gold cord
- Perfect attendance – White cord
- FFA/FHA/FBLA – State officer cord
- President’s Education Awards Program for Academic Achievement
- One school will be designated to order all cords and sashes for all comprehensive sites using an order form provided by the District Office.
- Students may choose their three most important medals they earned while in high school to wear during the graduation ceremony (i.e., ASB, perfect attendance, health academy, MESA, AVID, Decathlon, Mock Trial). *Special Cloth Sash/Pennant may be issued for Health Academy or any other Academy established by the DJUHSD.