Graduation Tickets can be purchased at the ASB office window after school, 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm. Tickets are non-refundable.Mandatory Graduation Practice 6/2/22 - Students are to report to the cafeteria at 6am. At the end of practice they will receive their 5 complimentary tickets.Graduation Night - Report to the gym at 5:30 for check-in. Boys will report to the small gym and girls will report to the big gym.No cell phones and their clothing needs to meet dress code requirements.
The following designations will be used to identify our top performing students at all graduation ceremonies:
- Valedictorian – Student with the highest GPA White gown/gold sash/black stitching “Valedictorian”
- Summa Cum Laude – 3.9 and above GPA – these students are placed at the beginning of the line regardless of count School gown/white sash
- Magna Cum Laude – 3.8-3.89 GPA School gown/school-colored cord with gold (not old gold)
- Cum Laude – 3.5-3.79 School gown/School-colored cord only
1. Only AP courses and Pre-AP (honors) Chemistry qualify for 5pt scale
2. College courses count for 5pt scale if equivalent is offered at student’s high school at a 5pt scale. A committee may be formed to determine exact classes and proper CIDs.
3. Only classes offered before school or after school may be counted as CR/NC. The only exceptions are Credit Recovery Health/Lifetime Fitness.
4. PE is not counted.
5. Three-year graduates are eligible.
Recognitions – Students will be recognized for their achievement in the following ways:
- Gold Seals on Diplomas
- Eight Semester Honor Roll – Gold cord
- Perfect attendance – White cord
- FFA/FHA/FBLA/HOSA – CTSO cord
- President’s Education Awards Program for Academic Achievement
- Medals - Students may choose their three most important medals they earned while in high school to wear during the graduation ceremony (i.e., ASB, perfect attendance, health academy, MESA, AVID, Decathlon, Mock Trial, honor roll, etc.).
- Special Cloth Sash/Pennant may be issued for Health Academy or any other Academy established by the DJUHSD.