Welcome to the English Language Development Department
Cesar E. Chavez High School's ELD Department provides service to Emerging and Expanding English Learners. We are committed to offer challenging and standards based curriculum to all English learners.
Our goals are to:
- Help ALL students gain fluency and proficiency in the English language.
- Provide equal and universal access to state adopted curriculum through rigorous instruction.
- Help ALL students acquire essential reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills needed to succeed in mainstream courses and graduate from high school.
- All students will exit our ELD program speaking fluent English.
- Prepare students for life beyond high school.