Welcome to the IT Department
Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The Department of Information Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the Delano Joint Union High School District as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to Delano Joint Union High School District.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the Schools in planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the Delano Joint Union High School District network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to student information systems.
Located within the heart of the Delano Joint Union High School District, the Information Technologies department maintains the district's crucial information systems to ensure teachers have the latest instructing tools, students are educated with the latest technological means, and the district itself can operate productively and efficiently.
Our goal is to ensure all our teachers, students, and staffs are able to use today's technologies to their full educational advantage.
The Delano Joint Union High School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. School programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on gender, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or the perception of one or more of such characteristics. (BP 0410).