Current information about the Coronavirus may be found online at the CDC website at:
Additional information may be found at the Kern County Department of Public Health Services website, California Department of Public Health, and World Health Organization at the following links:
Kern County Public Health Services Department 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Calfornia Department of Public Health Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
World Health Organization Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the same steps to prevent viruses that cause upper respiratory infections and flu or cold like symptoms:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
It is also recommended to keep sick children home for at least 24 hours after they no longer have a fever or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines. Sick and well children should be kept at least 3 feet apart and following the prevention steps listed above. It is important to follow the recommendations by the CDC to prevent infection by Influenza or Coronavirus. Following these guidelines will limit the risk of infection by students and families.