A Transition Plan will be a part of the student's IEP before he/she turns 16 years old. The Transition Plan is reviewed/revised by the IEP Team on an annual basis until the student either graduates or ages out from the Delano Joint Union High School District.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) defines transition services as a coordinated set of activities for a child with a disability that are:
- designed to be within a results-oriented process, that is focused on improving the academic and functional achievement of the child with a disability to facilitate the child's movement from school to post-school activities, including post-secondary education, vocational education, integrated employment (including supported employment), continuing and adult education, adult services, independent living, or community participation;
- based on a child’s needs, taking into account the child strengths, preferences, and interests.
- Related Services
- Community Experiences
- Employment and other post-secondary adult living objectives; and
- If appropriate acquisition of Independent living skills and provision of functional vocational evaluation.
(34. C.F.R. 300.43 (a)(1).) & (34 C.F.R. 300.43(a)(2).)
- Blindness Resource Transition Fair: https://youtu.be/_hR0nhzzD8o
- California Department of Developmental Services: http://www.dds.ca.gov/
- California Department of Rehabilitation: https://www.dor.ca.gov/
- California Career Café: http://www.cacareercafe.com/
- California Career Resource Network: http://www.californiacareers.info/
- California Career Center: http://www.calcareercenter.org/
- California Career Zone: https://www.cacareerzone.org/
- Career One Stop: https://www.careeronestop.org/
- Jobs Made Real: http://www.jobsmadereal.com/
- My Next Move: https://www.mynextmove.org/
- Social Security Red Book: https://www.ssa.gov/redbook/
- Transition Discoveries: https://www.transitiondiscoveries.org/
- Youth Transition Toolkit: http://tknlyouth.sdsu.edu/
- Independent Living: https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/se/st/independentliving.asp